Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Romeing around Europe

So here's what I've got lined up so far:

  • This weekend an ND alum gave the OIS office money to send us on a trip somewhere so they're organizing us a 2 day, 1 night trip to Pompeii Friday, then a mozzarella farm, and then to Salerno, returning to Rome saturday.
  • Wine tasting through JCU next Tuesday night with a few of us
  • Next weekend (27 Jan - 29 Jan) a couple friends and I are doing Assisi and Siena on Friday, staying the night in Siena, then getting up and going to Florence for Saturday and Sunday.
  • Thu. 16 Feb. thru Sun. 19 Feb. most of us are going to Venice for Carnevale.
  • Thu. 23 Feb. thru Sun. 26 Feb. we booked a package thru Weekend Student Adventures (kind of a hassle because it doesn't include travel, but whatever.) to Gimmelwald in the Swiss Alps for skiing and other mountain hanging out/activities.
  • Thu. 1 March thru Sun. 4 March we found some cheap flights to Dubrovnik in Croatia for a couple of us to maybe spend the weekend there, haven't booked anything yet though.
  • Fri. 16 March thru Sun. 25 March (our Spring Break) I might be trying to do Munich, the Eagle's Nest (Berchtesgaden, or Hitler's home in the Alps along the Germany/Austria border), Prague, and finally Vienna with one of my friends.  I was thinking of doing St. Patty's day in Ireland, but I thought about it tonight and realized I can do Ireland over a weekend, I don't want to take up half my Spring Break on it just to be there for St. Patty's.  But we need to see if anyone else would want to go those places so it would at least be a small group.
  • Whenever: Train to Milan for a weekend, possibly to see an AC Milan/Inter vs. Roma soccer game
  • When it's warmer: Amalfi coast for sure.  That is one of my must-do trips, I just don't know how I'm going to do it yet.
  • Whenever: Dublin for a day and then Galway the rest weekend in Ireland.
Any thoughts/suggestions/input/help would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment