Saturday, February 4, 2012

Nevica a Roma!

The last time it snowed more than a couple inches in Rome was 1986.  That is, until yesterday.  My family always jokes about how whenever I go up to visit them in Connecticut I somehow manage to bring snow with me.  Well this time the snow had to travel a bit farther, but it still made the trip.

Our professor made 9:15am on-site class optional, thank goodness, because it was pouring rain, which quickly turned to snow by 10:30am.  Then at 2pm, JCU suspended classes for the rest of the day so I didn't have to go to my evening classes.  A few of us decided to walk to the Vatican to see how it looked in all the snow and I took some pictures:



And then this is the view from my kitchen window this morning of the Gianiculum Hill, after it had stopped snowing:


So they moved the Roma-Inter soccer game to Sunday afternoon, which was the original scheduled time anyways but whatever, so I think we're still going to try to go.  It starts at 3pm, and the coverage for the actual game of the Superbowl doesn't start until midnight, so we should be fine.  Hopefully the roads clear up a bit so the buses can run somewhat on time so we don't have to walk all the way to the stadium and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment